.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Emory's World

It's no secret, I'm not a reader and I've certainly never modeled reading behavior, so I can't take credit for Emory's love for books. I did, however, work on letter sounds with him at age 3. When he turned 4, we would find him sounding out three and four letter words all the time; before we realized it, he was reading traffic signs, then signs on store fronts and soon after, books. Emory started reading fluently at the beginning of his PreK year (this past Fall). 
Emory loves to read. He's read all of his books,100 times over; okay, maybe a small exaggeration, but the kid DOES love to read. And go to the library. And Half-price books.  

Today Emory decided he's ready to start reading chapter books. So here he is,  book in hand (Magic Treehouse series , book #3) and all is well in Emory's world. 


1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love that. How sweet. It's so cool to see him enter the whole new world of reading! So proud of Emory. <3