.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Beware of AT&T and their Bait & Switch Tactics!

This is my experience and because this needs to be shared......

Beware of AT&T 
and their Bait and Switch tactics!  
If you are considering switching wireless companies, listen up!!
 
10/2/14
I spoke to a customer service rep to cancel my Uverse service due to a spike in rates; I was transferred to one of their "go to" guys (Jerome - Agent#JR299V) in hopes HE could put the breaks on the cancellation. This "Go To" rep also convinced me to switch our wireless service at a deal I couldn't refuse (I was currently paying $120).  Jerome outlined a wireless family plan to include two smartphones, unlimited  talk, text AND 2GB of data each month at a rate of $80 a month ($40 per phone) AND the only thing I signed (the Terms & Conditions" form) reflected this rate.
First bill, nothing of the sort. Even putting aside the $80 to activate both phone lines our bill exceeded $150. 

11/19/14
I spoke with customer service rep, Steve Rice, to discuss the billing discrepancy. I was told I was "quoted incorrectly" and "I see that's what he quoted you but he failed to add an additional $40 for the data plan".  Why in the world would I start this new plan if I was already paying $120?!!!
AT&T offered NOTHING to fix their mistake.

Update: 11/24/14
I spoke to AT&T supervisor, Maria Villegas (agent# RSTCRJ8); she mentioned what I signed (Terms & Conditions) is different than a service agreement. REALLY?! The only thing I agreed to, and signed was the Terms and Conditions, so it would appear no contract is involved here. 

Unfortunately this incident will ding my credit (because I refuse to play out THEIR imaginary contract, the one I did not sign or agree to), but I will press on and share my story, because this is a much bigger problem than my credit score.  I have every intention to report this incident to the FCC for AT&T's unwillingness to correct THEIR MISTAKE.  Additionally I feel it is important that I share my AT&T experience and hopefully prevent this from happening to you or someone you know.

In summary, Terms & Conditions, contracts, even in your favor, means absolutely nothing to big, corporate, fraudulent companies so DON'T be enticed by AT&T deals because YOU WILL GET BURNED, sooner or later.

Please spread the word about AT&T's 
Bait & Switch tactics 
and let's put an end to corporate fraud!



#ATTiscrooked #dontuseATT #ATTbaitandswitchtactics #BEWAREofATT  #ATTfraud #dontdobusinesswithATT #STOPATT #StopCorporateFraud #ATTfalsedeals #HeresAnotherOneOnATTFCC

2 comments:

Carah-Beth said...

Monica, I had MANY problems with AT&T and filing the FCC complaint was the first step in getting some resolution. After 5 months of trying to connect services to my house (due to their total lack of competence)(there are no other cable/internet services available at my house), they finally connected services. The "Presidential Office" promised me 3 months of free services. However, about 20 days later, I got a bill. While they did fix that issue, I spent most of my vacation days taking time off meeting the most inept workers at my house over and over again. I have over 110 "comments" on my account, meaning I called at least that many times. One time, I spent more than 3 hours on the phone with them. No results until that FCC complaint.

I wish you luck! This is what happens when you have monopolies.

Anonymous said...

Monica, I'm having these same problems with my AT&T UVerse service. This last month they withdrew $238 from my bank instead of the $130 I was told would be my monthly payment. Like Carah-Beth, I have spent countless hours on the phone with them and everyone promises to "take care of it" for me. We'll see if I get the $100 credit on my next bill. I'm really tired of having to to deal with them. AND the $200 Visa card promised me for switching to them, it's been "on the way" since Sept 22.