.

Friday, January 8, 2016

On the mend.

Yes, I realize the first year in school is rough for kids, but seriously.   According to Texas state law, students may not be absent more than 9 days a semester, but what if the environment in which they learn is making them sick?  It is my opinion hand sanitizers are not as effective as soap and water and sharing class  supplies (crayons, scissors, keyboards, etc) is cause for all types of bacterial infections. Last week Emory came home with a head full of lice; I am convinced stacking coats on a table may not be considered good practice for healthy students.  And while I'm on my soap box I personally feel each student should have their own locker for their personal belongings while they are at school.  I prefer lice and bed bugs stay put  and not find their way home on Ev and Em's coats and/or backpacks. 
Poor Emory has been a trooper through it all. A couple of months ago he had scarlett fever and recently diagnosed with CDiff.  Today is the first day (in 6 weeks) he hasn't complained about stomach cramps or have diarrhea. YEA!! Em is on the mend.

Tomorrow is Saturday...WOOHOO....and we get to have follow-up lice treatments. 
How much fun do YOU get to have this weekend?

p.s. Emory had 10 absenses this semester. 

No comments: