.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Walking and more!

In addition to our baby boy getting taller and heavier, he's walking everywhere and having a great time doing it. He's even pretty good at changing directions and making a full circle when he walks. I'm amazed how much he's grown, just this week.
A new development....I'll set the story up...
On Saturday, Deona and I were getting ready to go to dinner, I was in the guest bath and Deona in the bedroom. I heard Everett coming down the hall to find us. I shouted (so that Deona could hear me), "Did you let Everett out of the playroom?" her response was no. It was clear that our Everett let himself out. He has learned to turn door knobs! I guess it's time for door knob, safety covers. Yesterday, I watched Everett open the door all by himself. Again.
I think we're in trouble.

Another fabulous milestone (we think)...
Everett's been accepting nap times and bedtime very well lately. Our recent routine was to rock him to sleep; then transfer him to his crib. Lately, he's gone to bed after having a bottle; even if he's not asleep. He's progressed to self-soothing, usually snuggling his blanket for a couple of minutes,does the trick. This makes for happy mommies. :)

We'll post more in a week when our baby boy turns ONE year old!
We can hardly believe it.

On that note.....Just a reminder, Everett's birthday party is next Saturday. We hope you can join us. Please let us know if you did not receive your invitation in the mail or if you still need to RSVP.
We're planning a fun-filled day of food, games and a train ride for all!



2 comments:

Sal and Trace said...

wow, what a clever boy. walking & opening doors!!
Have a great time at the party, sorry we can't be there - maybe one day :)

Looking forward to seeing the party pictures.

amber o said...

Wow! One year old, yall are quickly becoming seasoned veterans, I'll warn you things really pick up after this, : )