.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Beach Trip {Day 5 - Final (full) Day}

Our Final (full) day on the beach. :-( 
Grammy takes a photo of the 4 of us walking to the beach from our condo balcony.  (above and below are same photo, just zoomed in).  Early on we discovered strollers do not operate on sand.  However we figured out pulling rather than pushing/carrying stroller is a much easier, hence the reason Emory's knees are in the air.
This week we also discovered that our boys LOVE the ocean.  No boundaries make for two very happy boys.
Ev & Grammy made up a new song, Old McGrammy Had An Ocean (sung in the same tune as Old McDonald).  It goes like this....

Old McGrammy had an ocean, E I E I O and on that ocean she had a crab E I E I O
with a pinch pinch here and a pinch pinch there. here a pinch, there a pinch everywhere a pinch pinch.
Old McGrammy had an ocean E I E I O and on that ocean she had a _________ (fill in with below)...
Seagull.  E I E I O / mine! mine! here & a mine! mine! there...
Boat. E I E I O / Toot Toot here & a Toot Toot there...
Wave. E I E I O / Crash Crash here and a Crash Crash there....

The song is a hit!  Both Everett & Emory love it!
Ev & I catchin' some waves. 
After our 3 hour power nap it was time to get dressed and head to dinner.  Rainforest Cafe, here we come!
Since the wait to be seated was approximately 45 minutes we decided to go on the Rainforest River Adventure Ride.
Happy Boys
Volcano dessert. 
After dinner and dessert, we headed outside to see the volcano erupt. 
An awesome end to our awesome week! Every detail was perfect. Well except maybe the time Deona had to take Grammy to Urgent Care: 
Earlier in the week (Thursday) Emory managed to slice Grammy's left eye during their afternoon nap.  Fluke accident, yet this left Grammy drugged up and bedridden on Friday. :o(   I'm happy to report Grammy was feeling better and back on vacation Saturday, despite having to wear an eyepatch.  Note: the eye patch in the picture is NOT the eyepatch she had to wear in public.  Praise be.  :-)  However Doc did say her eyepatch (made out of papertowels and an elastic headband) was the best one he'd seen.  ;-)

As I was saying...
An absolute perfect wonderful vacation. Thank you Grammy for the wonderful memories. We had a BLAST!  

No comments: