.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"CHANGE HAS COME TO AMERICA"

Move over Republicans.....
There's a new party in charge!




The longest election in American history is finally over. Barack Obama has won.
In January, Obama will be sworn in as the 44th--and first African-American--president of the United States.

Today is a day I have been waiting for, for several years now, however It's not like any other election day I can remember. Lately, any day we've had that has gone down as a profound day in the history of America has been tragically unbearable. The first bombing of the Trade Center. The USS Cole attacks. The absolute worst day I've ever seen in my life; a day I will never forget, September 11th. The beginning of a war that never should have been fought. The financial meltdown of 2008.
But not this one. This is the most exciting day for America in a long time. Today is the day America can finally wash it's soul of our country's original sin of inequality. Nothing will ever be the same again. The conversation of race will still be here, but will be changed forever. Our future will change with it. The end of the so called Republican "Southern Strategy". The ultimate equality for women? Beginnings of full acceptance, legal and otherwise, for gays and lesbians? The healing of a country and bonding of it's people finally, as one nation, helping each other? I don't know.
I do know that I am so proud of my country today; change HAS come to America and It's long overdue.










“While we have come a long way since the Stonewall riots in 1969, we still have a lot of work to do. Too often, the issue of LGBT rights is exploited by those seeking to divide us. But at its core, this issue is about who we are as Americans. It’s about whether this nation is going to live up to its founding promise of equality by treating all its citizens with dignity and respect.”
— Senator Barack Obama


McCain concedes graciously.


The Obama Family


"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America—I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you – we as a people will get there."
-President Elect, Barack Obama

No comments: