.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chris & Kim's wedding shower

My oldest nephew, Chris is getting married! The shower took place at my parents' home, in Wimberley, TX.

My sister, Tammy (Chris' mom) & I preparing the cake and sandwiches.

Donato (Chris' dad), preparing sandwiches.
The beautiful invitations, my talented sister, created for the shower:
Some of the party attendees: (notice, Everett signed his own name :o) )
The beautiful AND yummy cake:

Shower games...
I don't particularly care for shower games, however my sister came up with some pretty clever games and prizes for the Groom & Bride-to-be.
Packets of unlabeled spices were passed around. The object was to identify (by smelling) each spice and write it down. The person with the most right, won a prize. Because Chris & Kim got all of them correct (yea, right), they won a beautiful spice rack (spices included).
Grocery bags were passed around with a kitchen gadget inside. The object was to identify (without looking) what was in the bag. Again, Chris & Kim identified all of them correctly (uh huh, sure). They won everything that was in the grocery bags. Some of the contents included: an electric knife, garlic press, avacado peeler, measuring cups, garlic press, pot holders/towels, a lettuce spinner, and lots of other cool stuff.
I didnt capture a pic of the final game, it was a "Price is Right" kind of a game. The lovely couple won a basket of cleaning supplies/necessities and a basket filled with Jardines goodies and cooking utensils.

Chris & Kim with some of their winnings:

After the shower festivities, we watched some football then ate a yummy dinner.
Gramma & Everett watch uncle Dodo slice the brisket
Everett's cousins & playmates for the evening:

Jordan

Madison
Chillaxin' after a fun, filled day.

Congrats to Chris & Kim! I'm so happy for my adorable nephew and excited to finally have a niece in the family. :o)

No comments: