.

Monday, November 2, 2009

SAHM has something in store.


Today is my first day back as a full-time, stay-at-home mom. Though I feel extremely blessed to have this opportunity, I'm feeling a bit challenged. Everett's at an age where he craves new experiences and opportunities, so balancing his needs with the on-going of daily chores and errands is definitely calling my attention.

So here's what i was wondering (for those of you who have/or once had a young toddler):
1) What do/did you love to do with your toddler?
2) Did/do you have any favorite websites or blogs that you go to when you're in a creative mommy slump?

Here's something else I've been tossing around... First I'll start by saying, in all my searches, I have found very few, appropriate places for younger children to play, in the area we live. I am seriously considering starting a playgroup for children 1-3 years of age age.
Perhaps it's time to dust off the 'ol guitar and consider a "musical" play group (or something of sorts), with bells, drums, shakers, etc. I keep reminding myself that I probably have just as many years experience singing and leading cheesy kids songs, as that annoying, four-some, from down under" (something you probably didnt know about me). Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate what these fellas do, I just prefer not to have them on my tele. :o)
Thinking about all the possibilities of this new playgroup inspires me. Let me know if you have any thoughts or insight. Stay tuned, this SAHM has something in store!

1 comment:

Sal and Trace said...

great post

i agree...... life as a SAHM is challenging! I am not a full time SAHM, Tracie and I work oppisite shifts and stay home with the boys while the other works. We have our days at home, and our days at work.
I too struggle between trying to get the house work done and trying to provide a fun filled educational and stimulating day for my boys. Unfortunatly, since moving house and trying to establish new routines, your favourite aussie foursome has been spending a little too much time on our TV for my liking. It is their favourite show, and it lets me get the dishwasher packed without two little "helpers" climbing in while i try and load the plates!

I am keen to see what you have planned for your musical playgroup. Sounds great, i wish we lived closer so we could come. I am no where near that talented to be able to do something like that. Good on you :)

We spend time outside, running, riding bikes, playing ball. They love to read books. Latley, they are starting to get into whatever i'm doing. If I sweep the floor, they want to sweep too. If I fold clothes, they want to "help". It is especially hard with two toddler helpers.

I would love to know what other ideas you come up with. We do not do much art, as I dont think they would cope yet, but i see many toddler development info advises doing art with this age group. Sounds awfully messy to me!!!

I also wonder if we should join a playgroup, but i am a little reluctant. I feel like any playgroup we join would have an established group, and we would feel like intruders. They also seem to be composed of a group of young, thin, attractive hetrosexual women who i dont have anything in common with - except a toddler!! I also worry the boys would get sick more often if we frequented a playgroup. I still wonder if it would be worth it?!?!?!

A friend told me about a music class for toddlers each week. We might try it some time.

Well, this comment hasn't been any help at all, sorry..... but thanks for listening to my rant!!!

haha - xxxooo