.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Emory's Nursery

Finally, pictures. Now a reminder....Emory's nursery is actually our dining room. With a little work, it looks and functions as we had hoped. Theme: Elephant & stars.
This bedding solidified how we decided on our baby's name. After many run-ins with the name "Emory", I (Monica) found this bedding I really liked, by "Cocalo", the line was called "Emory". We both felt the name kept reintroducing itself to us, so we decided to stick with it.

Crib is flush against a mirror wall:
In this picture, you can see the kitchen in the reflection. Also, there are only three lanterns and one mobile above crib.
To remedy kithen/living room lights during nap times, I installed a wire rod and drape panels. similar to what you might see in outpatient/examination rooms in a hospital.

Room with drapes closed (kitchen no longer visible).
Canvas i painted that is nailed above dresser:

3 comments:

tammysthinkingspot said...

SO very cute!!! I love it!!! :o)

Sal and Trace said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!

You're AMAZING!!!!!

Emory's room looks incredible. You've done a wonderful job. It looks so cute, but calm and peaceful at the same time.

Now all you need is Emory!

Can't wait to see him :)

Sal and Trace said...

i didn't notice all the comments last time i read this post.

I LOVE the picture you painted. I assumed you'd bought it.

you're so clever!!!

that's so cool the bedding is called Emory. I agree with you, about getting all the 'signs' to tell you it's the right name. (same thing happened when we were naming our boys)
I had never heard the name Emory before, but the more I hear it, the more I like it. I'm sure it'll be the perfect name for your new son :)