.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Everett and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Well, the morning started out rather rough for Ev; first, he fell off our bed. My recent post mentioned that Ev comes to bed with us, when he wakes up at 5:30 a.m. He falls asleep shortly after feeding. Deona stacks Ev's side with pillows and blankets, before she leaves for work, because he is quite mobile these days. I was awakened to a crying baby, on the floor. :( My heart broke. Even with stacked pillows and blankets that served as a barrier, it didn’t stop Ev from falling off. Fortunately our floor is carpeted and our bed isn’t high. Ev cried for a short while, and was ready to watch Elmo's World on Sesame Street.

Later, Ev decided he wanted to get a book out of his book basket. As he crawled closer to the basket, he bumped his head on the basket corner. Think we're going to have a bruise. Poor baby! It's evident that Everett requires my undivided attention every second he's awake now; it has most definitely been a wake up call for me.
We're on our way to the bookstore to buy him a book.

1 comment:

tammysthinkingspot said...

That just breaks my heart, and it made me cry. No more sleeping in the bed with you. : (