.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Reflux?



Emory gave us quite a scare late this evening. Deona and I were having a conversation in the livingroom and I noticed Emory sliding off his papasan. When I walked closer, I noticed Emory had the funniest look on his face. His expression was so unusual, I even had Deona have a look. It was then I noticed Emory wasnt breathing or able to catch his breath. I half expected him to start seizing, thank GOD, he didnt. I immediately picked him up and waited for a gasp of air. Deona noticed milk coming out of his nose. All of a sudden, he sounded sooo congested (which he never is), so I did some quick suctioning. Poor baby was so upset and cried stronger and louder than ever.


The pedi/nurse on call seems to think Emory has reflux, which would explain milk out of the nose and congestion, as he just ate 4 oz of breastmilk. Though she managed to calm our nerves, we're definitely making an appointment with our pediatrician tomorrow (Thursday). Eeeesh, talk about scaring the crap out of us.
I will update our blog as soon as we know more. In the meanwhile, we'd greatly appreciate your good thoughts and prayers for a healthy Emory. xoxo

No comments: