.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Potty Progress


We just completed DAY 4 of potty training and I'm finally feeling we've made HUGE progress.

I know this because, Everett:
  • wore underwear  as soon as he woke up this morning (7:30 a.m) until bedtime (8:30 p.m.) and did not soil his underpants, even once.
  • woke up from a 2 hour nap with a DRY diaper.
  • told us when he needed to go "wee wee" and his underpants were dry vs. wet.
  • did not pee or poop on the carpet.
None of the above applied yesterday. Yesterday {in private} i cried and swore and kicked and cried and cried some more.   I finally concluded and accepted the possibility our Everett might be wearing diapers until he is able to potty train himself.  Don't laugh. No lie.

I recognize we're not in the clear, but I'm relieved to know we will experience days of progress, as well. Hooray for Everett, we are so proud!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Way to go Everett!
(And congrats to you as well!)

I'm a little behind but I wanted to thank Everett & Emory for sharing their Grandma with us on Christmas. We had such a wonderful time and it was really nice to have some 'Family' to spend Christmas with. (This was my first Christmas away from home and I was a little tramatized.)Thanks for sending the picture of the boys. We really enjoy the blog and watching them grow up.

Have a wonderful 2011.