.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Television {Project 365 - Day 27}

I've been thinking lately (yes, it hurts my head) of ways that I can improve my parenting. The first thing that entered my mind was reducing the amount of television Everett watches each day. I'm the first to admit that I have become very dependent on the television to entertain Everett; especially during times when I am doing chores, preparing meals, needing a brief moment of rest or just feeling plum lazy.  

Today was DAY ONE of our new routine.  How's it going?  Everett adjusted beautifully and seemed totally content with getting only 30 minutes of TV time at lunch and before dinner. The only difference I noticed was that he wanted more of me. :o)  Today we played more, imagined more, and hugged more.  He's completely happy and I'm thrilled. I'm the one adjusting back to being needed so much.  

I can't remember the last time Everett needed to be rocked to sleep.  This evening he wanted that. 

This feels better. 
Healthier. 
Less Lazy.

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

I like this...but that picture makes Ev look like such a big boy! I just love him.

Anonymous said...

I wish more parents took "parenting" as seriously as you and Deona do. I just love the blog and your family. I am blessed that we are a part of the same patchwork quilt family. ~Dixie~