.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our little Houdini

I love weekends! Deona cares for Ev throughout the night (a reminder, he wakes up every 3-4 hours, these days) which allows me to catch up on my sleep. Dreamy. :)
While I was waking up, I noticed Deona in our room changing into her day clothes. I decided to get up and head towards my morning routine. On my way, I glanced to Ev's room and noticed our son STANDING ON HIS CHANGER!!! I say standing, however he's arched over holding on to the "headboard" with both hands. I could not believe it! I was in shock with fear and didnt know how to react. In a split second I thought, If I run towards him he might get excited, let go, and fall. I was sure Deona could get to him faster, I decided to stay put . "GO GET HIM!" I said, while staring at Ev. All the while, Deona's thinking he's probably flipped from his back to his belly again, as he sometimes does while he's buckeled in his changer. Deona turns the corner and races to get him.
Oh my goodness, talk about rubber legs and heart palpitations.
Again, we can not assume safety restraints will protect Ev.
For our little Houdini, there are no confines.
Supervised re-enactment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two words for you guys...CHICKEN WIRE!!! Secure it over baby bed to keep Ev in. Just kidding. Wow what a kid!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign my comment above.

Aunt Olivia