.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Love for Letters


I don't recall exactly when Everett started showing a love for letters (or the alphabet), but I do know he was incredibly young; way before saying many words.  Early early on, he would look up at store signs and recite letters.  It was a rare time he would say the correct letter and when he did it was a lucky guess.  Even so, we praised his efforts and joined in when he spotted letters.
At 27 months it was clear Everett knew the alphabet; even before learning the alphabet song.  He LOVES the alphabet, we're talking LOVE.  He can't get enough.  Well about the time I considered teaching him the spanish alphabet Ev approached me with some letters he could make using his fingers, hands and arms.  How clever is this child?  So in the past two weeks, I've been teaching him the true ASL alphabet.  Everett has taken a great interest in learning and he now knows about 6 signs and continues to learn more each day.

No comments: